- Preparation of conceptual studies and feasibility studies for power plants
- Support with planning of the complete facility throughout the tendering and implementation phases
- Assistance with planning, implementation and supervision of individual plant components and areas such as water-steam cycle, turbine, cold end, heat recovery steam generator, power system, I&C system including protection systems e.g. generator protection
- Expert analyses in the power engineering and power plant sector
- Provision of tailored support
Conceptual Study Reference Project:
REINSTEIN was awarded a contract by the operator of a German nuclear power plant for the execution of conceptual studies to improve the availability of the water and fuel reserves on site. This was achieved by increasing the demin water reserves and enhancing the emergency diesel supply. In close cooperation with the client’s project team various concepts were identified giving due consideration to the current issue of Germany’s General Nuclear Regulatory Guidelines. The individual concepts were evaluated in detail, both technically and economically.
You are the owner, insurance provider, or project funder of a power plant? You would like to obtain an independent opinion on the current progress status of a project? We prepare independent risk assessments and status reports to allow you to initiate appropriate mitigations in time should this be required. Our services include:
- Independent project status reports during the implementation of the project
- Recommendations for implementation optimisation
- Risk assessments, e.g. for insurance companies
- Assessments of the condition of a plant
- Optimisation proposals for efficiency enhancement
Auditing Reference Project:
German business development banks provide support to various countries for infrastructural projects.
REINSTEIN, as “banker’s engineer”, was awarded the contract for the preparation of an independent status report on two combined cycle power plants in Pakistan to provide an objective view of the actual project status and to identify potential optimisation measures.
Changes arising during the implementation of large-scale plant construction projects often result in extra costs regardless of whether quantity variations or time delay are considered. The average profit margins of contractors participating in a project are often in the region of low, one-digit percentages. Consequently, even minor additional supplies or services provided to the client could cause the project to end up with loss. Clients, on the other hand, wish to have their interest protected and eant to ensure that only the contractually agreed services are invoiced.
Our range of services include:
- Review of technical and commercial tenders
- Reviewing and consulting services to optimise the format of the contract
- Analysis of existing claim management activities
- Optimisation of claim instruments used
- Provision of claim management support to clients
Claim Management Reference Project:
A company was awarded the erection and installation of plant components and systems of a combined cycle power plant. Delays in delivery and in the provision of the interfaces to be supplied by the client, and various organisational inefficiencies by the general contractor occurred. The amount in dispute was in the adding up to tenth of million Euros.
REINSTEIN provided support in reviewing the comprehensively documented actual status of the project and issued a detailed report covering the responsibilities of the parties. Reinstein also liaised with legal advisors and participated in meetings as required.
International large-scale plant construction projects feature a high complexity and involve a multitude of connected activities. We provide comprehensive support during the pre-contract stage, the implementation of the project and also for the mitigation of any problems arising at any time in the course of a project:
- Anaylsis of the project management procedures currently applied
- Optimisation of the project management tools used
- Provision of expert personnel
- Planning and implementation of team development programs
Project Management Reference Project:
Construction of two combined cycle power plants in Venezuela near the Colombian border. REINSTEIN provided project management support to the general contractor including generation of procedures for the project team and suppliers, development and optimisation of IT project management tools and claim management.